Ok, I've had cake coming out of my ears lately. I decided to take not one but two cake decorating classes this month. I'm getting better with practice, I thought I'd show off my work, old and new.
Bob cake - Piper's 2nd Birthday, oh, if we did this one again today it would be so much better

Piper's 1st Birthday cake, the first time we tried fondant, we loved this cake

Butterflies made from Royal Icing for Piper's 3rd Birthday cake

The cake, nothing like we started out to make but it
turne out so darn cute!

Reagan's 1st Birthday cake, this sucker was huge!!! Now that I've taken the class I figured out Jason and I were backwards on prepping the fondant, no wonder it was so difficult to do. I can't take full credit for any of the above cakes, Jason and I both did them together. I did most of the prep work and he did the creative touches.

Here is one of my class cakes I actually made this for Jason's work. This is the first time I made roses.

After the roses were made I just plopped some dots along the edges and top to finish it off, I was tired and didn't want to take it further.

Here's Niki's bridal shower cake, my roses look better on this one. I need some practice making leaves though.


It turned out really nice, I was very happy with the end result. Niki of course loved the pink and the cotton candy flavoring I added per her request.

Now, this isn't exactly pretty or finished, this is from Sunday, I covered the cake and practiced making the little doily things and a ribbon an then made daisy's. The large daisy in front was actually my teachers, we just plopped hers on the cake as well.
My last classes are this week, on Thursday I have to make and decorate a full cake with icing and the techniques I've learned. On Sunday I have my final fondant and gumpaste class, I don't need a cake for that, I think I am learning how to make a carnation for that one. There are also some other pictures but they are stored on Jason's computer, I made some cupcakes last week, one with clown on it and then I made Robin a Birthday cake as well. Cake cake cake, I am finally to the point of saying yuck!
3 comments:
WOW!!! I am in love with fondant LOL I have never used it, but I watch those challanges on teh Food Network where they all bake cakes, and you can make so many things out of fondant. We have some birthdays coming up (hint hint) ha ha ha ha How much would you charge?
Can I hire you to make my wedding cupcakes....or at least decorate them? I can not find anyone that will make 500 cupcakes. I have a school/church kitchen and oven we can use! Think about it...I am so serious!
Angela
Melissa! You are kicking butt! These cakes are AWESOME! congrats! It is looking like you are having a lot of fun, even if you are exhausted!
Post a Comment