more Seattle - finally!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ok, finally I am posting more Seattle pictures. I just don't sit down at the computer like I used to so I'm a little slow. I still have to post Halloween too - I will get those done this week. I had such a great time visiting with Amber and Matt and their two cute little girls. It is a gorgeous area, with mountains, valley's, watterfalls and the leaves were so vibrant while I was there . I'm definitely looking forward to going back for another visit. Hopefully it doesn't take another 2 years to get there.

Space Needle
Matt and I took an Underground Tour one afternoon - it was pretty interesting, they had fires/flooding etc back in the day and decided to build the city up, filling the streets with just about anything they could find, as they originally just kept piling dirt on the streets, it was just a big mud and sewage problem. Anyhow, without rambling too much, they built the streets up to the second story of many of the buildings, leaving the sidewalks on the original level. We went under the existing sidewalks and were walking on the old original ones and looking at the original storefronts which became basements.

Here is where we ate lunch - it was an old saloon built 100 years ago or more.
pretty buildings
the colors - we missed that at home this fall
Matt and I at lunch
tour office
Old pergola that was an old train depot (I think???)
I made the Spencer's an apple pie, I couldn't locate my favorite recipe online so I went with another and Amber I decided it sounded good to add a bunch of extra caramel - well it tasted good but it was soup
we are standing below the sidewalk above us and trying to watch people walk over the glass


Cool buildings - you just don't see enough of the cool architecture anymore

Chief Seattle and Matt
I guess no trip to Seattle would be complete without a trip to Pike's Market. It was pretty cool, I enjoy markets, we had a good time and watched them toss a couple of fish too.
Sasquatch (sp?) - I was trying to show him grabbing my behind while I was trying to hid his codpiece so the girls wouldn't notice it. I'm so inappropriate at times!
Amber made me ride the pig
Our tour guide is showing us what has become the first floor. We are standing outside of the old first floor which is now underground.
Matt

Amber and I
Puget Sound
The hills kind of reminded me of San Fran
Amber is saying "what are you doing?"
Sunset outside of their house, I don't understand it but the sky was not quite that color, my camera picked up colors I didn't


this was so gross and slimy looking

the flowers were so pretty along the balcony

0 comments: