Storm Damage

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

view of our street from my driveway
Ken's tree in his front yard - Bill and I used to climb these trees as kids
Closer view of Ken's tree
Our poor gazeboo - barely standing but it hung in there - more duct tape repairs are needed - :)
House across the street from us - their roof was already this bad

Terry's house - the trees had been bulldozed into his yard, they were completely blocking Portland Avenue

Terry's front yard

Terry's backyard & shed and neighbor's fence remnants
looking out from our driveway toward's Terry's
That was a crazy little storm that rolled through, we are so glad Piper went up North with Grandma and Claire earlier that night. We finally got our power back up Monday. We only had a few branches down and a lot of debris from other yards, we were really lucky. I also hadn't grocery shopped in a while so we didn't loose too much food. I just think it's a miracle that none of those trees fell on any of the houses - craziness! We went up to the cabin so we didn't suffer without the power on, I'll post those pictures soon, we didn't take too many, we were busy having fun.


0 comments: