1st cake order.....

Thursday, October 9, 2008

So the Tuesday night I'm just hanging out, watching the debates and I get a call, can I make a cake? Well sure, no big deal I thought. Turns out it's a bridal shower and wedding cake by Thursday night. OK - lets go! The bridal shower cake is a variation of one's I've done before - piece of cake (pun intended!). I think it turned out great!







So now for the wedding cake, up until 2 hours ago I thought it was the uggliest thing I've ever attempted and felt horrible that some bride was going to have this as her cake. After all is said and done though you throw some flowers on top and it looks pretty good. Just don't look too closely at the details. I didn't fully decorate with flowers, the wedding is up North and not until Saturday so these flowers won't stay. I think they are also going to put some ribbon bows on the corners as well. I do have to say a huge thank you to Mom for coming to help me out, not only with the girls but the cake construction as well. I learned a lot from doing this cake, next time I have to make a tiered cake it will be so much better! I am exhausted!


1 comments:

Tina said...

Those are awesome!!! Quit beating yourself up about it!!!