Girls' housewarming present

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

This is a little late in posting but here is a look at the girls' housewarming present from Grandma and Papa Kocina. Just look at their smiles, Piper gasped and said "I wasn't expecting that" when they opened the back of the truck and showed her their surprise. It was pretty cute. After a quick safety and operating lesson from Grandma the girls were off and running.





At first Reagan would let Piper do most of the driving and she'd take the opportunity to jump in and drive when Piper wasn't around. Now, after over a week they feel the need to fight over the driver's position. Piper has to remind Reagan that there is no side seat driving as Reagan likes to go ahead and put her foot on the peddle from the passenger seat. After the first few days I took the safety pin out of the drive gear and let them feel it out in fast mode (5 mph) and they did great. I wanted to walk down the 1/2 mile to pick up our garbage can from the street and knew they wouldn't make the entire walk so I followed them down in their jeep and picked dragged the can back up the hill and their little jeep made it right up the steepest part of the driveway with very little slowing down. Now I just wish they made Mom size jeeps, it looks like so much fun!

0 comments: