4th of July

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Well it was the first 4th of July in our new house. We wanted to explore Lonsdale and Northfield and see what activities they had close to home. On Saturday Lonsdale had their big festival/games/baseball and fireworks. That was the day Joe came out to visit with his kids and so we stayed here to visit and missed all the activities. That was fine, we enjoyed visiting with Joe. We did go to the top of the hill in our pasture to see what firework displays we could enjoy from our own yard. Unfortunately we spent most of our time defending ourselves from the mosquitos and saw a few different firework displays, only far off in the distance so we couldn't get the full oooh and ahh effects of the noises. Oh well, we decided to go to Northfield on Sunday and enjoy their's up close and personal. The kids parade and carnival happened about 6pm and we went to that, it was cute and the girls had a great time but I was kind of bummed, it was not a big thing, just a small parking lot with kids games and facepainting, no food or anything like that. After we finished that we had 2 hours until Fireworks started in the park and it was like a ghost town, I have no idea if people wait around and then walk down to the park before it starts or what the deal is, there were all of 60 people milling around the kids area and then nothing, just ducks and crickets for 2 hours. We decided to pack it up and come home and go to bed. I think next year we will continue the tradition of going to Excelsior and watching fireworks from Mom's steps or perhaps go up to the cabin and watch them on the boat.



See Jason and the girls fighting their way through the crowded sidewalks???

We waited in line for almost an hour to get the girls faces painted, they were so patient and loved it!


They even got to pet a bunny during their wait.

Here it is, the big event! Sorry for the sarcasm, we did have fun I was just a little let down, I tend to get myself all excited for these things and then get let down when it isn't quite as exciting as I expected. I don't know why, I hate crowds and waiting around, this was the perfect size for me.

Piper got dressed up for the occasion, we couldn't find Reagan's red shirt.

So cute!

We couldn't help but crack up, they told Piper to move up closer to the board and then she started pitching these bean bags, almost hitting one lady in the head and tossing them over and to the side of the board at full speed. I think she has my crazy throwing arm.



Reagan opted to have her face painting on her arm so she could check it out.



Piper opted for a sun and rainbow on her cheeks

0 comments: